WCRPG is a play-by-post roleplay, art sharing, social and chatting site, which offers privacy and participation control over your threads, and let you build post templates and profiles. All are welcome.

Please login or Join!

Login with Username and Password, or Join - joining is easy

WCRPG NEWS: At long last, we have an automated VIRTUAL PET GAME! Buy, sell, trade and grow your pets any way you like. They grow by both clicks, and posts! Right now it is fairly basic but more features are currently in development. Enjoy!

generators: cat, wolf, dog, horse | human RPGs | anime RPGs | other RPGs | rules & how-to | latest threads

Warrior Cat Terms

Personal Message (Offline) ooh lala!

• Monster Chaser
  • Female Posts: 1,916 / 689.05 Freshkill
  • That's how you do the SCARN!
  • ~RAT ATTACK! This member participated in the Great Rat Attack! This member has made a donation to the Golden Apple Adoption Agency
Hello! I’m Piper, a BA here at WCARPG!

I don't know if this has been done before - I know that Fearless did something like it, but this is a little different. So, without further adieu, I give you the super fantastic compiled list of all the Warrior Cat Terms. You don’t have to use them, but I thought it’d be handy to have them all in one place. If I'm missing any, please tell me. :D

Names and Ranks (Ranking order, yo.)
•Leader – The warrior who leads the clan. Proper suffix is -star
•Deputy – The second in command of the clan
•Warrior – A cat who is trained to defend, fight for, and hunt for their clan. A cat usually becomes a warrior at around twelve moons old.
•Apprentice - A cat who is in training to become a warrior or medicine cat. A kit usually becomes an apprentice at six moons.
•Queen – A she-cat who is expecting her kits or nursing them after they’ve been born.
•Kit – A kitten. A kit is usually a kit until they are six moons old.
•Elder - a retired warrior or medicine cat
•Kittypet – A housecat, or a derogatory term for a lazy cat.
•Loner – A cat who lives on its own, doesn’t belong to part of a clan, or is not owned by twolegs.
•Rogue – An offensive term for a loner; or a loner who is against the clans.
•Twoleg - A human.

Times/Seasons
•Newleaf - Spring
•Greenleaf - Summer
•Leaf-fall - Autumn
•Leaf- bare - Winter
•Quarter-moon – A week
•Moon - a month; one full moon to another
•Moonhigh - Midnight
•Sunhigh - Noon

Measurements of Length
•Foxlength – About a yard
•Mouselength- About an inch
•Rabbitlength/Taillength – About a foot
•Deerlength - About 2 yards. The length in which two cats who don't know each other can approach without seriously affecting the other's personal space. They are out of immediate attacking range, and just out of pouncing range from this distance.

Everything Else
•Moonstone, Moonpool – The place where leaders and medicine cats go to share tongues with Starclan.
•Silverpelt – The Milky Way. StarClan is represented by Silverpelt.
•StarClan – Where cats who have led good lives go when they die; kind of like Heaven.
•The Dark Forest – Where evil cats go when they die; kind of like Hell.
•Thunderpath – A highway or a smaller road.
•Twoleg nest - A human house.
•Twolegplace - A human town or neighborhood.
•Greenleaf Twolegplace – A campground or another place where humans only go in the summer.
•Horseplace – A ranch or stables where horses are kept.
•Monster – A car, motorcycle, truck, etc.
•Halfbridge – A dock.
•Fresh-kill – Freshly caught prey.
•Crowfood – Dead, rotting prey.
•Gathering – A peaceful meeting between the clans that is held every month when the moon is highest.
•Mousedung - A minor swear that conveys annoyance or distress.
•Foxdung - The same as the above. Used a little more cautiously, as it is a bit more offensive than mousedung.

Terms of the Tribes
•Healer – The cat who leads the clan as well as acts as its medicine cat.
•Cave-guard – A cat specifically trained to defend the tribe’s territory, most often stronger and stockier than prey-hunters. They also fight when the need arises.
•Prey-hunter – A cat specifically trained to hunt for the tribe, usually smaller and faster than cave-guards.
•Kit-mother – A she-cat expecting or nursing kits; a queen.
•To-be – A cat training to become a prey-hunter or a cave guard; an apprentice
•Caught-prey - Freshly caught prey; fresh-kill.
•Cave of Pointed Stones – A place where the tribe’s healer goes to talk with the Tribe of Endless Hunting; the equivalent of the Moonpool or Moonstone.
•Tribe of Endless Hunting – The place where cats go when they die; the equivalent of StarClan.

((I don’t know if the terms are the same for the Tribes in WCARPG, but they’re still here. :D))
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 11:40:46 AM by loverly lala ♪ »

Sky of echoing songs

• Loner
That helps alot with all the odd terms. Thanks ooh lalaaa!

Personal Message (Offline) --wYnNiNaT0R--

• Technical Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Gender-fluid Posts: 107,192 / 9319472.14 Freshkill
  • Common sense is not common.
  • Vicca, A strange she-kit who may have come from a science lab. She spends almost all her time sleeping. Once in a while, she levitates in her sleep. Eren, A green tomkit from a mysterious unknown island. Other than being green, he seems like most other kittens. It is said no two green cats are the exact same shade of green. Skyler, a tomkit with strange colours who was found in the forest. It is said that these cats are very energetic in springtime and summertime. They live in groups inside tree hollows and under bushes. Faylenn, a she-kit with strange colours who was found in the forest. It is said that these cats are very energetic in springtime and summertime. They live in groups inside tree hollows and under bushes. Tony, A tomkit of shadows and darkness. His pelt reflects almost no light, except maybe a faint reddish glitter. According to legend, these cats reveal themselves during a catastrophe. Fonzie, A tomkit of the stars! His pelt glitters with a star-like pattern. Legend says these cats appear during an upheaval in the cosmos. Calantha, A she-kit of the stars! Her pelt glitters with a star-like pattern. Legend says these cats appear during an upheaval in the cosmos. Spencer, A tomkit of the stars! His pelt glitters with a star-like pattern. Legend says these cats appear during an upheaval in the cosmos.
Excellent guide! My cats sometimes also say "deerlength"--about 2 yards. It's the length around which two cats who don't know each other can approach without seriously threatening each other's personal space, from my observations. They're out of immediate attacking range and just out of pouncing range at this distance.

There's no exact human measurement that is equivalent to this unlike the other 3.

• Monster Chaser
  • ~RAT ATTACK! This member participated in the Great Rat Attack! This member has made a donation to the Golden Apple Adoption Agency
Great info, Wynn! I'll add it to the guide. :D

Personal Message (Offline) Fruitloops

• Neighbourhood Noob
  • BlizzardClan
  • Female Posts: 69 / 584.19 Freshkill
  • Member of the Unmod Squad
  • This member has been active on the site over 2 years! This staff member beats others to doing reports! This member's cat has been bugged by Flintfang! Hee!
What about things like Fox dung and stuff?

Foxdung
Mousedung
Freshkill

maybe?

Personal Message (Offline) :. the original booky!:. making a comeback

• .:Therons Dancing Sheep:. Empress of Cookies and Chocolate!
  • Twoleg Hunter
  • Female Posts: 1,086 / 2312.07 Freshkill
  • {If I don't get my cereal in the morning I'll die}
Also, a good thing to add is the ages? like the ages between becoming a kit to apprentice, apprentice to warrior, warrior to Elder etc because I know I find that very very CONFUSING!! lol

*Dons sheep clothing and does celebratory sheep dance* Baa.
*Face Palm*Really?
Sheepies Don't Dance!

• Monster Chaser
Edited. Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. :D
Keep 'em coming.

Personal Message (Offline) reqi is gone

• If you wanna do the popular thing
  • Zombie Slayer
  • Gender-fluid Posts: 12,266 / 720.94 Freshkill
  • oh, well then follow away
  • A third-generation character in the game. That's some pedigree! A fourth-generation character in the game. That's some pedigree! This member has been active on the site over 2 years! This member makes advanced RP posts! This member has won one of the ShadowClan Newsletter's contests!! ~This member participated in our Pool Party Event of Summer 2011! This member has been active on the site for over a year! This member made 50 ROLEPLAYING posts in their first week!
A rogue is a loner who is against the clans.
Oh, here's to new mornings, to new evenings
Pack your bags babe and we are leaving.
Don't you say no cause I know that you want to go, oh believe me.
Out west babe, out west with rest
we'll go fast and we'll go faster yet
don't you worry, I've been there before
and so has everybody else... everybody's doing it.

I'm sorry. I really am.

It is done.

(June 06 2013)

Personal Message (Offline) ємρяeѕs σƒ ι¢є cяeαм αη ρυdιηԍ~

• WCR's residential Empress of Ice Cream and Popsicles
  • Dog Killer
  • Female Posts: 770 / 7955.74 Freshkill
  • I'm not crazy, my reality is just different.
  • This member won an ARTS Newsletter Contest! ~RAT ATTACK! This member participated in the Great Rat Attack!
Foxdung is more offensive than Mousedung, just wanted to add that ^^
Click for Charries~

My drawing studio! <3

Thank you Silvie for the beautiful siggie!

Credits to Nightmare and SkyWriter for these amazing siggies! C:

Personal Message (Offline) Rain of the Wolves

• Adder Hunter
  • Female Posts: 430 / 3185.53 Freshkill
  • Returning from the dead!
You forgot mousebrain. x) It's used as a light insult meaning "idiot", basically.

LOL both my mom and I read the series and I called my mom a mousebrain when she did somethind stupid. x)

Personal Message (Offline) cedar.

• The site's official fangirl
  • Zombie Slayer
  • Female Posts: 12,206 / 350559.74 Freshkill
  • The Tenth Doctor - Doctor Who
  • this member plays a hp of polarclan! This member won second place in the 2013 Olympics 4 Million Posts - I caught it onscreen! This member has made many epic sitewide plots! Had a character tangle with Talisman the Fox!
[ BloodClan x ThunderClan wolf cubs! ]
adding the tag #cedarlook will bring me to a thread!

images © to rightful owners

saving up for telepathy, invisibility, molecular and memory manipulation, and ability to absorb souls
190,000+ fk in total

tailspin medicine cat of skyclan

Personal Message (Offline) --wYnNiNaT0R--

• Technical Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Gender-fluid Posts: 107,192 / 9319472.14 Freshkill
  • Common sense is not common.
  • Vicca, A strange she-kit who may have come from a science lab. She spends almost all her time sleeping. Once in a while, she levitates in her sleep. Eren, A green tomkit from a mysterious unknown island. Other than being green, he seems like most other kittens. It is said no two green cats are the exact same shade of green. Skyler, a tomkit with strange colours who was found in the forest. It is said that these cats are very energetic in springtime and summertime. They live in groups inside tree hollows and under bushes. Faylenn, a she-kit with strange colours who was found in the forest. It is said that these cats are very energetic in springtime and summertime. They live in groups inside tree hollows and under bushes. Tony, A tomkit of shadows and darkness. His pelt reflects almost no light, except maybe a faint reddish glitter. According to legend, these cats reveal themselves during a catastrophe. Fonzie, A tomkit of the stars! His pelt glitters with a star-like pattern. Legend says these cats appear during an upheaval in the cosmos. Calantha, A she-kit of the stars! Her pelt glitters with a star-like pattern. Legend says these cats appear during an upheaval in the cosmos. Spencer, A tomkit of the stars! His pelt glitters with a star-like pattern. Legend says these cats appear during an upheaval in the cosmos.
Oh those are all good to add!

Note: Deerlength isn't canon in the series. I just made it up to use. But I like using it--deer are very common as we all know and cats living in the Clans would be easily familiar with their size.

• Monster Chaser
I know, Groovy, but I thought it'd be good to add it. :D

Personal Message (Offline) `` whiskers !?

• Badger Slayer
  • Male Posts: 601 / 6356.11 Freshkill
You could also possibly add some wording about how the Tribe cats become prey-hunters and cave-guards.
e.g:
  • Prey-hunter – A cat specifically trained to hunt for the tribe, usually smaller and faster than cave-guards.
  • Cave-guard - A cat specifically trained to defend the tribe’s territory, most often stronger and stockier than prey-hunters. They also fight when the need arises.
Get what I mean? xD

Tags:

Warriors is © Erin Hunter/Harper Collins, whom this site is not affiliated with. View our privacy policy.

Donate to WCRPG today! Read more info here.

Forum Topsite

tumblr analytics